Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not a baby anymore



Gavin is officially out of infanthood.  
He’s full of antics and has a lot to say. 
He’s walking.  
He loves the playground.
He can brush his teeth and put the toothbrush back in the jar.
He can now open our back door by himself.  
He is recently adept with a little chair and table
He can climb the stairs on his hands and knees and return safely.  He can complete a shape sorter puzzle with six shapes.
He likes to visit Sebe at work, making us seriously reconsider Sebe’s office location which is currently at the top of the stairs. 
If you are carrying him, he navigates you around the house with his pointer finger.
Did I mention that he can climb, seemingly overnight?
Good news for Grandpa Rob:  Gavin appears to have quite a throw, complete with sound effects.  
He’s really into books.   
And he likes tools.
He puts up with his brother.
And he can torture the cat quite effectively.
Through it all, he is happy, loving and full of life.

It's very interesting discovering this little boy.  Here is the letter that I wrote to him just before he was born.
Aug 24, 2009
Dear Baby Boy,
It is a beautiful night tonight.  The sliver of moon set early amidst pink and grey clouds, and there is a cool breeze shaking all the aspen tree leaves.  It is so beautiful that I hope you arrive tonight.  I am looking forward to meeting my new little boy.  I know you are coming with a purpose for being on this earth.  I know you will love your family dearly, and we already love you.  There are many qualities that I know you'll express, but the one that stands out the most to me right now is joy!  You are a bundle of joy and love and I can't wait to hold you in my arms.  Come out, come out and join us little one.  With so much love, your Mama.

It's easy to say a kid will express joy, but it is actually amazing to see it take shape.  Gavin is truly a bundle of joy.  He has a smile for all and his belly laugh can pull Blake from any activity.  Gavin loves his daddy's voice and he loves accomplishing toddler milestones.
 
We all love discovering the wonder of Gavin.




4 comments:

  1. he really is made out of sunshine, this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful Gavin suite of videos! his movement has changed so much even in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your poem as well. what lucky boys to have you as Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, this is a sweet memory that I treasure, the birth of Gavin. He is a wonderful gift. From the first time we heard his little heart beating, I loved this baby.

    ReplyDelete